In this picture you see how ordinary acoustic dombyra looks like. The strings are made of nylon (material is also usually used for fishing).
History of making electric dombyra:
Experimental piece. Made with the help of Mr. Murat Kebekov and his subordinates in shops, Chief tuner of Kazakh State Conservtury after Kurmangazy accrding to the design of Nurzhan Toishy:
1.First experimental electric solo/rythm dombyra. Almaty, Kazakhstan. 2010.
Two other unlucky experimental instruments made in Almaty 2010:
These are instruments we play now!
2. Electric solo dombyra. Made by Shamray guitar shop. Moscow, Russia.
3. Electric rythm dombyra. Made by Shamray guitar shop. Moscow, Russia.
3. Electric bass dombyra. Made by Shamray guitar shop. Moscow, Russia.
4. Drum set. Ddrum, USA. Symbals: Sabian.
5. Jew's harps made by uknown Kyrgyz masters.